Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Days 1 & 2

I'm writing to you from what can only be described as an almost too tired to function state. In fact when I first started this post I typed in a title and instead of hitting tab I hit enter. And published a title.

Shit! I did it again. I hit enter and published a title and a sentence. Lord help me. My apologies to your readers.

Day one of this happened much like you and I both knew it would. I didn't do a damn thing. I had all kinds of anxiety Sunday night over the whole getting up early and instead of going to sleep at a reasonable hour, I farted around on the computer and watched tv until 12:00 a.m. When I awoke randomly at 4:00 a.m., I quickly decided to shut off my cell phone alarm and promptly rolled over and caught two hours more of zzzs.

Was I disappointed in myself ? Not really. I've lived with me for a long time and I kind of get me. I was pretty convinced shortly after I wrote the original post that I wasn't getting up on a Monday morning at 5:00 a.m. to work out.

In fact, I may have made a rule that Mondays are my "rest" day. But don't quote me on that. One never knows when a wild hair might sprout.

Then there was today. Day 2. I didn't sleep soundly because I think my subconscious was aware of the commitment my brain had made and just wouldn't allow it. So when the alarm went off, I actually got up. I grabbed my workout clothes , headed downstairs

and sat

on the couch

and stared in to space.

Finally after 20 minutes, I got sick of my own ridiculousness and told myself it was now or never. So still dragging somewhat I slapped in the EA Active Personal Trainer and did an actual workout. ( hell what can I say it makes working out less of a chore for me and more closely resembles something fun. Oh and tip to those who have it or are considering buying it. It's a great tool, but think about using weights instead of the resistance band that comes with the game. Sure you'll have to balance holding the Wii remote and the Nunchuck in your hands along with the weights but it will give you more of an intense workout. Wait What!? Did I just give a fitness tip? Woo-hoo lookit me!)

I felt glorious afterward. Exhausted, but glorious really. There was something about my home being so still and quiet that was calming. There were no children telling me about my jiggly parts or asking umpteen questions. Just me and my workout.

But now, holy eff I'm tired. Like the kind of tired where you feel drunk and can't walk straight.

And I know one of two things is going to happen. I will fall asleep early and be raring to go bright and early. Or I will be so tired, I'll sleep right through my alarm.

We shall see what tomorrow brings.

5 comments:

Gilsner said...

EA Sports?!? You're not cheating on Just Dance, are you?!? Because nothing says "Good Morning" like "Who Let The Dogs Out". ;)

Mike said...

So what happened?

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com
Twitter: mikeleonen
Photo ideas? 100 Portrait Ideas

Stacey said...

Day 3 went well. I actually worked out. Don't ask about days 4,5,6 though.
Murphy's Law has wreaked havoc on my life lately.

Ann(ie) said...

Hey doll, I can't make it tonight and I'm super bummed. Everybodys sick. AGAIN. Urrrrrgggg. I want a raincheck and bevvies soon. Maybe you, me and carrie! Xx.

Virtualsprite said...

Good for you for getting out there a couple days, though. That's all you need to start.